The kids had such a great time with Christmas this year. On Christmas eve we took the new toys and blankets over to the Homeless Shelter, and the kids were able to see first hand what it was like to not have a home. Brent and I were not sure what to expect either b/c niether one of us have ever been to a shelter. It was humbling for everyone in our family, it made us really grateful for all the blessings in our life.
The kids opened their gifts on Christmas morning and were pretty excited for the gift they received. Jordan got some Nerf guns, Rebecca got some play makeup, and Dillon got some die-cast cars (the kid needs durable toys b/c he damages everything!) Unfortunately the guns that Jordan got were not checked twice by Santa's elves b/c they were pretty cheap. So Santa made a special trip to Jordan with new guns and took the old ones to his workshop to have the elves work on them for next year. Mom and dad just skipped gifts this year b/c we kinda bought our own things anyway.
We spent a lot of time with family and friends. I can't remember which days we did what but we did spend time with my dad, the Faylor Family, and with my sister Kellie. Overall, this Christmas was really nice. It was so calm and it was nice to be able to visit and be surrounded by the ones we love instead of fousing so much on who got what and who gets what.
Well I hope that everyone had a great Christmas and spent time with their loved ones. Happy New Year to everyone!
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
It was really nice spending time with you guys!! I was bummed that we missed you on Christmas Day. I'm glad you had a nice Christmas. Love you guys!
Glad to hear your Christmas was nice. We chose a smaller Christmas this year too, and boy...I sure didn't miss all the lines and "lists" either! I love that your family chose to take things to a homeless shelter. What a treat for your family. I think my kids just need to go spend a day there once in a while for a little gratitude shock every once in a while. Love to you all!
Post a Comment