So it is summer. The kids are having fun playing, even though with the current heatwaves the only place is inside. We have become somewhat nocturnal animals... we love it when the sun sets. It has been tough this summer since I am recovering from surgery, but I am way excited to get back to my normal self.
Since school is out for summer for me, I have turned into a daycare... jk. It feels like it. My very dear friend has a 4 year old boy and my sister has a 6 year old boy and I watch them both on a semi-regular basis. It has been really interesting having 4 boys and 1 girl. I find Rebecca often hanging out with me. So I try to find something fun to do.
And to think the kids don't start school until September. Oh man. I start school at the end of August, and it has been so fun hanging out with the kids but I am glad to go back. I really feel my IQ seep out of my head sitting here doing nothing. Clean house (check), clean/feed kids (check), finish random projects (check), play with kids (check)... ok done oh and its only 11am.
One thing that has been so fun this summer is the spouses' nights at the academy. The first night was just orientation. And last night it was out at EVOC, which is the driving course that the trainees train on. They had us go out and purposefully get into a fish tail and learn to get out of it. The best part? Doing it solo. Yea, that's right, they had us go out on our own in the vehicles. The area is called a skidpan, and it's just really slick cement with a bunch of water on it. I did a complete 360 degree turn and it was awesome! Of course I was screaming like a banshee. But it was loads of fun.
So summer is here, and so is the heat. But summer has just begun for us, so I am sure to have more stories.
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment