Monday, August 23, 2010

Back again.

Well, since my last hiatus there have been many changes in the land of the Faylor Family.
Brent is still working (thank the Lord) and has officially applied for a lateral transfer to Placer county in Northern California. We are anxiously awaiting the call when they tell us, "You're in, come up now." Brent has stated several times, with me as a little echo, how ready he is to leave the area. There is just no good around here.
I am a graduate, and I am stinking excited for it! I officially have my RN license and am legal to practice nursing in the state of California. I have come to realize that being licensed is only half the battle, because of the fine State of Cali, there is no money to hire people. So what good is the degree when there is no positions?? We shall see what God has in store. And I am going back to school! Complete online RN to BSN program is what I need.
Rebecca is now starting the second grade in 2 weeks. She has continued her reading throughout summer, following Mom's example naturally. She is growing more and more beautiful every day. Now if only her attitude would follow suit, we would be in business. But what else can we expect from not only the eldest child but a girl none the less?
Jordan is well Jordan. Easy to smile and to pout. And we love him just the way he is. He too has been getting ready for school, trying to read more. He is losing his baby teeth and loving every second of it. His claim to fame this summer is learning to swim without floaties. If you give him a chance, he will be the first to give a show-and-tell.
Dillon has really come out of his shell this summer, he talks incessantly. He has his own thoughts, beliefs and stories that he must tell everyone about. He loves his cars and anytime he sees one of his favorites he has to scream as loud as a cawing bird that "I see it, Mooooom, Daaad, look! It's wed like light Queen!" If you could not decifer what he was saying it was 'red like Lightning McQueen.'
This summer has been full of fun things with family and friends. I will post all those adventures on another blog.

Stay thirsty my friends.

1 comment:

Heywood Clan said...

Yay! I'm glad you guys are back! I've been trying to catch up on mine too!