So over summer, to save some dough, we decided to ex the internet being that it is not a necessity. Although I am sure some of you all can argue against that statement. We have it back on now that i am back in school and need this thing for classes and such. Pretty funny when 90% of my time has been on other things and only a few minutes for school.
I have started school and staying true to their motto, it has been one heck of a week. I really don't feel like a week has already passed. I honestly can't remember much. I know I was there, I know I failed a skill (big surprise) and that I was taught acid-base balances. I know that I was in a classroom for 6 hours as we were 'taught' how to use kaiser's computer system. Taught is not the word I would describe the horrible video we sat and watched with no breaks and listened to this dreadfully boring guy talk about what button to push. EWWWW.
Regardless of all the above, I still have a hard time remembering everything. Oh and don't forget that I am the treasurer for the class and we are supposed to start getting things ordered for our graduation. I am putting myself on the Monthly countdown until 2 months prior to graduating. Right now, I am at 9 months.
Moving on... kids are wonderfully crazy! They know what buttons to push to drive their mama to the edge. Yesterday was one of those days. I had to run and do a million errands since I haven't been around to do them. We had to ship things off, go school supply shopping (which took the majority of the day) and shoe shopping for school. And animal stuff shopping. Talk about quite the day. The kids are ready tho, that is the best part. They are getting more and more excited that it is close. They have said over and over that they can't wait. I am so happy that my little ones are wanting to go to school.
Over summer Jordan learned to ride his bike without training wheels. He is keeping up with sister already. And I think that this Christmas Santa will have to bring some new bikes because they are already growing out of them.
Dillon is being just my little one. He is starting to talk more and more now that brother and sister don't do it for him anymore. Last night Dillon crawled into bed and fell asleep with me, Brent came home late. This morning as Brent was getting ready to leave, he went to move Dillon so that I would have more room and little sweet Dillon snarled at Brent. We both started to laugh and Dillon, without opening his eyes, says, 'shhh.' Which naturally made us laugh harder. And that is my little Dil.
Brent is doing well. He has gone back to the day shift, and I am so grateful. Night shift really does test the marriage, that is for sure. He is coming up on 1 yr as a deputy in just a couple weeks. It is so crazy how fast time flies. Now we are just waiting for stuff to figure itself out for us to know what we are doing. All plans are tentative. Flexibility is one of the words that we have learned in the nursing program that has spilled over in real life.
Until next time...
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Life without the internet for a couple of months was probably nice, though. As much as I love it, it seems like the more stuff we have the more complicated our lives get.
Welcome back though! I can't believe it's almost been a year since Brent graduated. It's nuts how quickly time flies. Kids go back next week?
I'm glad you are back! Your life is DEFINATELY 1000 xs more intertaining than ebay during class. ;) thanks. i miss you!! love you
Post a Comment