Friday night I was out late with the kids and was pretty excited by the idea that they might actually sleep in. Amazing plan! We get home, I get ALL 3 kids to sleep at the same time. I let Duke out for about 30 minutes to play, pee, eat, etc. I put him back in his crate for bed, thinking to myself, OK this is going to work. No, he starts yelping at 6AM to be let out. So I let him out, feed him, let him play for a bit, and back to the crate he goes. He still yelped a little for about 5 minutes but quieted down. I was so excited that this morning might actually pan out... Oh little did I know. Just as soon as I fall asleep, there is Duke yelping again. I try to ignore it but it is that pathetic loud yelp, like someone is murdering the poor dog that finally gets me out of bed. I didn't want him to wake up the kids. I let him out of the crate to play as he pleases. Of course that means he is grabbing my pj's with his teeth and tugging on me because he doesn't want me to lie on the couch, he wants me to play with him. I hunt down his many chew toys to see if that helps, which it does for about 10 minutes. Then he was back at me trying to chew my leg off! I finally gave in and played with the little booger at 7AM because he was lonely. Here I thought baby days were over... Silly me.
Saturday, May 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment