As so many people know, I have my clinicals on Friday, all the way down in Pomona at 7 am. Well to be there on time with the possibilites of traffic I need to be up at 445 and out the door at 530. Well this morning As I was finishing getting ready (early, amazingly enough) I recieved a phone call from my classmate at 5. She told me that our teacher was in the hospital and we had no clinical for the day. I just have to point out, isn't it that some of the greatest things come at a price? So I ran back up to bed to snuggle with my honey for another hour. It was such a great thing not to go to the hospital, only because I am usually up for 20 hours before I see my pillow again on Friday. However, it seems that my teacher is not going to be able to come back to teach for the rest of the semester if at all. She has told us before about her back problems so it seems that while doing another clinical she had herniated another disk in her back. And now she has no feeling in her leg. The doctors don't feel there is much they can do. So... who knows what is going to happen.
Well a few of us felt so bad that we went over to the hospital where she is, and took some flowers and a card. She seemed very happy to see us and kept saying that she was so surprised. (She was in an unusually happy mood given the circumstances, but I would think it had to do with the Demerol they gave her). So there is the fun for the day. I love that I had no clinical but it really stinks what happened to have no clinical.
So in other news... ha ha. Brent is working 9 out 10 days in a row. The poor guy is going to be exhausted by next weekend. He is such an amazing guy, he offered to take another guy's schedule so that he could go visit his kids in Texas. I am so proud of the kind of man he is, but man, ALL those days without him? How am I going to survive??? Unrelated, my computer is trashed, all those viruses really don't do good for a computer. But it is in the shop getting fixed, I just hope that they can save all my files.
Kids are well as always, Dillon is getting his last two teeth in, and man to they make him so very cranky. Trying to keep up with the growth spurts of the kids is close to impossible. So we have to hit the stores, AGAIN to get more clothes for them. Yea for kiddos!
That is the latest for this Fam...
Friday, November 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
That is a nice surprise. I hope your instructor feels better! We need to get together soon!
So glad you finally posted!! Good to hear you're both doing good. Glad you got a break! Don't let Brent kill himself, he's too nice! I'm so proud of you both!!
Post a Comment