This week has been really busy but in that chaotic schedule there are so many things I learned about the people I love and about myself. Firstly, my children are some of the most resilient people I have ever met, even more so then some adults I know. They have had several life changing moments and have taken it all with grace and understanding, which is a lot when you are 5, 4, and 2. I have started to look at my children differently, to revere them for their faith in our family.
Some of the changes they have had to deal with are new schools, and going to school for the first time. Not having each other there at all times like they are so used to. Mom gone to school, and dad busy with his work.
Brent had finished the academy and is officially a San Bernardino County Deputy. We are so very proud of him. His graduation was on Thursday, and many of our family and friends were able to make it, and it was so great to have them there for this amazing achievement. It was a powerfully moving ceremony. So here comes the hard part... the real work starts now. He is a great man, and I have no doubts that he will continue to do marvelous things. I have learned that this guy that happens to be my hubby is one loving soul, he will help you in anyway that he can. And seeing his loyalty to us, his family, as well as his new brotheren creates a feeling that resembles something of pride but also humbleness. I love him for his dedication, to family, to loved ones, and to random strangers that will never understand why he pulled them over fo speeding. ;)
I also learned something about myself, that I too can deal with a lot more than I ever gave myself credit for. We have had so many things go on that stress became a normal feeling, just as easy as smiling. It was something I was just prepared for every morning when I woke up. Without going into boring detail, everything that you can imagine can happen in a three week period, did happen. So it lies on me. But overall there were things to be so grateful for. Things could have been worse but the good Lord had helped us through it all. It is a hard thing to do when you change your attitude from, 'God why is this happening, I can't take it anymore,' to 'God thank you for it not being worse.' But I believe that with this attitude we can overcome so much.
Well that is my blah blah blah for the day. Just as soon as we have pics from the graduation we will be posting them. God Bless.
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I loved reading your blog. I am so happy for you guys. You have worked really hard to get Brent through the academy and also find the time to study and be a mom. I honestly don't know how you do it. You're awesome!!!
Hey girl I am finally blogging!! yeah!! Well congrats on all of your accomplishments... You guys have worked so hard. I am happy for you!! Here is my blog: http://bryanandreanna.blogspot.com/
Yaay! Faylor family blog! I had no idea that you had joined us on the ol' world wide web.
I'm glad that God has used these last few months to draw you closer to eachother, and closer to him.
Hope you are doing well!
I must politely demand that there be more blogging...
right now...
don't act like school is more important than your worldwide famileb (family web. I know, it's clever).
Post a Comment